Friday, July 10, 2009

Country music: Indiana--Ohio--West Virginia--Pennsylvania


Day 4 (Monday, June 29). I started noticing that the states were getting smaller. I cruised through them in just a few hours and spent a low record of 15 minutes driving through WV. Indiana roads were awful, so that did not help with the back pain I began to feel more and more. My body in general started aching. My feet began to resemble elephant feet and I could not feel two of my left fingers (which I later on realized was due to my clutching to the wheel like a crazy woman down Pennsylvania hills. During my trip, I have been listening to musicals (Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Spamelot, and Shrek). I would wholeheartedly recommend Shrek (amazing music, funny lyrics, and a great storyline). But you cannot get a better feel for the area you are travelling through than by tuning in to some local stations. I never really liked country music, but as I was travelling through Indiana and Ohio, it all started to make sense to me; boy meets girl, boy falls in love, boy loses girl, boy turns country singer :) It just clicked in Ohio... By the way, I've never seen as many self-proclaimed patriotic signs as I have in Indiana. Maybe they should have spend the money they invested in the boards and paint towards fixing up their lousy roads. That would make us all feel better... I stopped in Columbus, Ohio, to see a German Village. West Virginia welcomed me with some hills, which then got much worse in Pennsylvania. Little did I know what Pennsylvania had in store for me the next day. I was getting tired, so I decided to stop at a truck resting place in Claysville. As I walked the grounds, I was greeted by a family of bunnies. They were everywhere... I was slowly starting to feel I was closer to my destination. That night I hit my 2000 mile mark. At Claysville I had reached 2049 miles. No accidents, no problems, life was good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment