Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where is Toto?

Today (yesterday) was a day for records! I started off in Cheyenne (WY) and drove through Nebraska, part of Iowa and Missouri (I 29) all the way to Kansas. I covered close to 700 miles today and brought my travel total up to 1200 miles, which makes Kansas City my trip's half mark. I can't believe I have already covered such a great part of my journey!
So, some recaps. Traveling through Nebraska was great. The roads are amazingly well kept up--nothing like WY :) I was able to cover most of my route by taking I 80 and 76. The GPS was taking me south of Lincoln, but I decided to go East on Nebraska Highway (2) and South on I 29. It was a great decision and I made good time. GPS is not always right, sometimes you just have to trust your instincts :) The car did great. I stopped for gas, other than that, I drove without stopping. The day ended with an amazing sunset (on the way to I 29 (the Missouri side)) and some fireworks (Kanssas City). I don't know what the fireworks were all about. They must have heard that I was coming LOL
I am staying with some friends of mine I have not seen for two years. It is so good to see them again. The longer I live, the more I learn that we are all connected in a most magical way and in reality, nobody ever leaves forever. We are different because we have known them, and they become a part of us. OK, well, on that cheesy note... good night. I will let you know if I see Toto :)

No comments:

Post a Comment